Tips For The Hearing Impaired During This Pandemic
May 27, 2020
- Continue to wear your hearing aids consistently! Consistent use will result in optimal hearing when we are able to socialize once again.
- Do not sit in silence. Even if you are home alone you can still practice hearing by listening to the tv, radio, or reading out loud to yourself.
- If these activities are easy for you, try playing talk radio at a normal level and turn the tv volume slightly softer. See if you can understand the talk radio while “ignoring” or “tuning out” the tv. This is excellent practice for hearing in a noisy environment.
- If your hearing aids are not working properly, call your hearing healthcare professional. Most offer curbside or drop off services, so that you do not have to enter the clinic if you do not wish to do so.
- For tips on how to wear your behind-the-ear hearing aids and your mask, visit our Facebook page or Youtube page by clicking the link at the top of this webpage! Dr. Rierson has a wonderful video on both sites, showing you how to put on and take off a mask safely without disturbing your hearing aids.
If you feel you are struggling to understand people, it is important to get a hearing test. We encourage you to call our office at 712-775-2625 to schedule a diagnostic hearing evaluation.